Doctors in London believe that Atasha Graham, 34, died from a possible allergic reaction to the adhesive used to apply her weave.  Apparently, Graham collapsed after returning home after a night out at a club. Although drugs and alcohol don’t seem to be a factor (she only a had small, non-lethal amount of alcohol in her blood and no drugs), doctors suspect the glue from Graham’s weave may have entered her blood stream through her sweat, triggering a deadly allergic reaction.

Although the specific cause of death has not been linked to the toxic glue, Pathologist Dr. Michael Heath isn’t ruling it out, explaining to the London Southwark Coroner’s Court that this is not the first time he has seen deaths linked to extension glue.

According to the Daily Mail, Coroner Christopher Williams recorded a verdict of death by natural causes as he said it was not possible to identify conclusively a link with a particular allergen that caused her to go into shock.

Even though the coroner confirmed Ms. Graham died of anaphylactic shock, he couldn’t pinpoint exactly which allergen caused her death.

Have you ever had an allergic reaction to a weave?

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home2/wadyk60ackgy/public_html/wp-content/themes/Newspaper/includes/wp_booster/td_block.php on line 353