On an exclusive interview with “Good Morning America,” Tameka Foster, Usher’s ex-wife and the mother of his two children, Usher V and Naviyd, discussed Usher V’s near-drowning at a friend’s pool in the Atlanta area and the former couple’s ongoing custody disputes.
- “It was like I relived it. My brain went into all these modes. I’d gotten this call before.” — On getting the call that Usher V had almost drowned. Foster’s 11-year-old son Kile Glover died in a boating accident about a year ago.
- “I don’t blame him, but I’m angry it happened on his watch,” on Usher. Foster added that the kids have never been injured on her watch.
- “I want to have first right of refusal. (If Usher is out of town) I don’t want them to go home to the nanny and watch whatever show their dad is on. They should be home with their mom.” — On her custody dispute with Usher. She added that she found out one of her sons lost his first tooth via Instagram.
- “I don’t have an agent. I have regular, working-class friends and family. We don’t know how to fight the machine.” — On the way she’s been portrayed in the media and accusations that she’s mentally unstable.
- “I had a career, and to be reduced to some baby momma and gold-digger is hurtful.” — On her portrayal in the media
- “Absolutely not. He’s the father of my children. and I love my children more than life itself.” — On whether she hates Usher.
Watch video of Tameka’s GMA interview below: