Tyler Perry’s father Emmitt Perry is okay after his home burned down Monday night in Greensburg, LA.
According to WBRZ, fire officials suspect that electrical issues could have started the fire.
“I heard something popping in the attic,” Perry said in an interview. “I went upstairs and let the [attic] stairs down. I couldn’t smell any smoke. I didn’t see anything burning.”
Perry said he then walked outside and noticed smoke coming out
near his chimney.
“I then went to call the fire department, and my daughter was coming in the gate. And she said, ‘I already called them.’”
Perry says he’s lucky no one was sleep at the time.
“I made it out alive,” Perry said. “If it wouldn’t have happened then, me and my daughter would’ve probably been in there, and we would have burned up.”