Back in August, we reported about a teen that fatally choked his mother’s abusive ex-boyfriend while coming to her defense during a violent altercation.
On Monday, a Bronx grand jury declined to indict 18-year-old Luix Moux for the incident.
According to the New York Daily News, Moux told police that he held Stanley Washington, 43, in a chokehold for two minutes before he “fell asleep.”
Walter Fields, Moux’s attorney said, “It was clear that Luis didn’t do anything wrong. He testified before the grand jury and his story didn’t change a bit. He’s going to move on with his life. When you are an innocent man, you just want to move on with your life.”
Moux said he placed Washington in the fatal chokehold after he woke up to find his mother being abused by Washington. The following day he was arraigned on manslaughter charges.
More than 23,000 signatures were collected for an online petition, ordering that the charges against Moux be dropped.
Washington reportedly had a criminal record that revealed he had been arrested 33 times, and one of the various crimes listed included assault.