photo PrinceFilePrinceDiesAt57J1AklOivmQgl_zpsebs5n70d.jpg

The Sheriff of Carver County just held a press conference to give details surrounding Prince’s death. Details and video are inside…

Sheriff Jim Olson of Carver County, Minnesota just held a press conference to clear up a few details around Prince’s death. He didn’t, however, address the most pressing questions from media or any rumors. He said before giving a statement that since this is only 29 hours into the investigation, conclusions have not been reached and anything that was taken from Paisley Park cannot be revealed.

Olson told the media:

To you, Prince Rogers Nelson was a celebrity. To us, he’s a community member and a good neighbor. To his family, he’s a loved one. In life, he was a very private person. We’re going to continue to respect his privacy and his dignity and hope that you do so as well.

We also respect the media’s right to information. Bear in mind that this incident happened about 29 hours ago and continues to be under investigation.

After warning the media there are some things regarding the investigation he would be unable to talk about, Olson issued the formal statement saying, “At about 9:43 yesterday morning, we received a medical call from Paisley Park.” He explained that the fire department, sheriff’s office and rescue ambulance all responded to the call, which is the usual response.

Olson confirmed, “They found an unresponsive male in the elevator [on the first floor]. CPR was initially started but was unsuccessful. He was pronounced deceased at 10:07. We have identified him as Prince Rogers Nelson, 57 years old.”

Prince was last seen alive around 8pm the night before when he was dropped off at Paisley Park. Olson states:

Staff members from Paisley Park had been unable to contact Prince yesterday morning and went to check on him. They found him unresponsive and called 9-1-1. Deputies went into to the building to make sure no one else was inside.

We contacted crime lab to help us with investigation, but this is normal protocol for an unwitnessed death.

The Chief Medical Examiner arrived at scene at 11:30am. They do not know yet how long Prince’s body was in the elevator before anyone else arrived.

He confirmed, “There were no obvious signs of trauma on the body. Results from that autopsy will take several weeks…”

Prince was alone at home when the first 9-1-1 call came in. Olson also confirmed there were no signs of a suicide at this time either.

The time it will take for the results was said to not be unusual. The autopsy is now complete, and Prince’s body has been released to his family.

In response to the rumors of a drug overdose of painkillers being at play and that Prince’s health was deteriorating, Olson said he didn’t want to answer whether or not he was a healthy person, and said the Medical Examiner may address when the time comes.

It’s interesting to note, there have been no calls for rescue services or assistance involving Prince directly in the past year.

Olson said he was unable to confirm if Prince was taking any medication at the time of his death.

Here’s the video in full:


1. Aretha Franklin gave her opinion on the cause of Prince’s death, and it’ll definitely surprise you. VIDEO

2. Sheila E. spoke to “GMA” today about Prince, her former fianc√© and musical partner. STORY

Photo: FameFlynet

…read more

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home2/wadyk60ackgy/public_html/wp-content/themes/Newspaper/includes/wp_booster/td_block.php on line 353