CENTRIC’ has a new reality series on the first time female millionaires called “The Amateur Millionaires Club.” The fresh and exciting new docu-series provides a behind-the-scenes look at the lives of 10 newly minted African-American millionaires as they showcase their rise to wealth and the challenges that come with their new found stature in society. Showing how they juggle family, faith and business while living the lifestyle they never dreamed possible.
Premiering Saturday, July 7 at 9/8C*
MEET THE CLUB PLAYERS
- Dorothy Cook (“The Godmother”) is the flashy and flamboyant 62 year-old matriarch of the group and is referred to as “The Godmother” for good cause; everyone respects her reign. She was the first Platinum President in the English market and has more than 500,000 independent distributors in the U.S., the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Canada, Africa and England. Dorothy is building an orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya, while spearheading the “Shoes for Kenya” initiative.
- Helen Dela Houssaye is the boisterous, slick talking antagonist of the club. The newly married mother of four has quickly risen to the top of the fold, thereby legitimizing her position as the arch nemesis to “The Godmother.” She’s earned over $2 million in network marketing.
- Stormy Wellington is a young, hip, street-smart, high school dropout and former exotic dancer at a popular Miami club. The 31 year-old is the 1st millionaire of the club. and her minimal experience is evidenced by her struggle in the transition from the street to the boardroom.
- Robert and Nicola Jackson have their fair share of drama due to Robert’s history as a ladies’ man versus his present state as a devoted husband, while Nicola strives to take their fortune to the next level. Together they have four sons, one with special needs. This couple is learning to balance the importance of family life with their new found fortune.
- Chyna Bethley is a breast cancer survivor who lost everything in Hurricane Katrina, after which she moved to Atlanta with her husband and daughter in pursuit of a rap career. She is the youngest member of the club and as such is also the club’s underdog.
- Kenny Lloyd is a charismatic, mogul- type who went from “broke as hell to living well.” He’s a family man, and along with his wife Chante, puts his millions behind his adult children’s career ventures. His father was the first African American in the NBA.
- Jewel Tankard (“The First Lady”) This million-heiress is no stranger to the blessed life. Jewel and her husband – award winning gospel jazz artist Ben Tankard – co-pastor one of the fastest growing churches in middle Tennessee. Her empire includes a private aircraft, a multi-million dollar estate and multiple businesses. Jewel’s blended family of 5 awards her the title of super mom. She is the club’s voice of reason. Jewel juggles family, faith and fortune with ease while keeping her haters at bay and living her life unapologetically.
- Erwin and Twiler Portis are the “Power Couple” of the club. Together they teach the other members how to keep it professional at all times by choosing the high road in business while maintaining an empire “southern style” rooted in family values.
- Lidia McKinney is the socialite and night club owner of the group. Lidia’s provocative list of VIP friends and fans tend to ruffle a few feathers within the AMC club. She closes most of her million dollar deals in the club and on private jets.