In addition to being a delicious zesty complement to your sushi roll, ginger happens to have a great benefits for your hair. Ginger improves circulation which may in turn promote growth and its antiseptic properties make it an effective scalp soother as well as an all natural dandruff treatment.
Get a tablespoon of fresh juice from ginger or a couple of drops ginger essential oil. Add the ginger to an ample amount of jojoba oil to dilute. Ginger juice or oil is highly potent, a little bit goes a long way and you never want to use it on its own.
Apply the mix as you would a hot oil treatment, let it sit in for 15-30 minutes under a hooded dryer or thermal deep conditioning cap and rinse.
You can buy ginger oil or make it yourself:
- Wash off fresh ginger and allow it to dry off for a couple of hours
- Shred the ginger into pieces with a grater
- Add the shredded ginger to an oven safe bowl
- Add in 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- Put the bowl into the oven and let it bake on 150 degrees low heat for two hours
- Once cooled strain the mixture using cheese cloth or a strainer to remove the grated pieces of ginger into the bottles you will be storing in
- Make sure that you keep it in a cool dry place (shelf life is 6 months)
To make ginger juice:
- Wash off the ginger
- Chop the ginger into pieces
- Place in a high powered blender (I use my Ninja)
- Add filtered water, enough to cover the ginger
- Strain the ginger pieces out and store the juice in a container
- Keep in your fridge for 2 weeks max
Again, never use ginger on its own always dilute!
Do you use ginger in your routine?