Not the babies! State officials are investigating a local preschool in Honolulu after three students were served Pine-Sol to drink instead of Apple juice.
According to ABC 7, the incident went down at East Honolulu preschool last week. Apparently the teachers aide was getting the morning snacks together and accidentally poured the cleaning fluid into the cup and gave it to the babies.
The Health Department said the assistant,
“saw the yellow/brown colored liquid container on a clean-up cart in the kitchen and returned to the classroom” with it.”
What’s crazy about this is that the children took a few sips before the aide realized the mistake.
A 4 year old girl and 5 year old boy were examined and treated but both had no signs of sickness which is good.
Police said the bottle of pine sol was labeled, so how sis made that mistake remains a mystery.
The school says all of its staff members must undergo training, and they will revise their snack time flow, meaning sis won’t be doing that anymore.
What’s Tea Roommates? Leave a comment!