Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his NY apartment in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm.
A personal assistant found Hoffman’s body in an apartment at 35 Bethune St. and called 911 around 11:30 a.m, sources said.
Cops are at the scene and are investigating, sources said.
Hoffman, 46, publicly admitted in 2006 that he nearly succumbed to substance abuse after graduating from NYU’s drama school, but got sober in rehab.
“It was all that (drugs and alcohol), yeah. It was anything I could get my hands on…I liked it all,” he told “60 Minutes” as the time.
Last year, Hoffman reportedly checked himself into rehab again for ten days after relapsing in 2012.