Just in time for Football season, this show will kick off on Sunday, October 24 at 10:30 PM ET/PT with VH1.
A flashy team of Football Wives will give viewers a never-before-seen look into the glamorous, and dramatic, life of a professional football player’s spouse in VH1’s original series. VH1’s “Football Wives” include:
- Pilar Sanders, married to Deion Sanders, all-pro cornerback, retired
- Amanda Davis married to Leonard Davis, guard, Dallas
- Chanita Foster, married to George Foster, tackle, UFL
- Brittany Pigrenet, girlfriend of David Buehler, kicker, Dallas
- Dawn Neufeld, married to Ryan Neufeld, tight end, UFL
- Melani Ismail, married to Rocket Ismail, receiver, retired
- Erin McBriar, married to Mat McBriar, punter, Dallas
- Mercedes Nelson ex-girlfriend of a star player, Dallas
Set in the cradle of American football, Dallas, this series goes inside the real-life locker room of the spouses of some of the biggest footballers in the game. Many of these ladies live the life. They drive the best cars, live in the biggest mansions, wear designer clothes and jewelry, and travel first class. But living the high life is not all glamour and is frequently fleeting. Football players are often injured so their partners are forced to not only play wife, but also be a mother or nurse to their man. The careers of these modern-day gladiators span only a few years on average and their life-expectancy is alarmingly low. There is often a fine line between the stars who collect big contracts and the journeymen who fight to stay in the league, sometimes struggling to pay their bills.
Will you be checking this show out?