Leading Republican senator John McCain handed over an explosive dossier on Donald Trump’s alleged links to Russia to the FBI in December. 

The alarming report contains a string of lurid allegations which were supposedly made by Russian agents in a bid to control Trump.

Senator McCain, who was branded as ‘not a war hero because he was captured’ by Trump, sent an emissary to meet the former MI6 agent to collect a copy of the dossier. 

Donald Trump, pictured, has denied allegations contained in an explosive dossier compiled by a former British MI6 agent claiming on Twitter he is being subjected to a ‘political witch hunt’

The dossier claims Russian authorities filmed Trump in a Moscow hotel room with two prostitutes who ‘defiled a bed’ which had previously been used by President Barack Obama

John McCain sent an emissary to meet the source to collect a copy of the dossier in December which he handed over to FBI Director James Comey, who already had a copy since August

Trump branded the leaked dossier as ‘fake news’ and ‘a total political witch hunt’

McCain was shot down over Hanoi, North Vietnam while on his 23rd mission. He suffered two broken arms and a broken leg and was taken to the Hanoi Hilton prison. 

The naval aviator was repeatedly offered an early release by Vietnamese authorities who wanted a propaganda victory by allowing the son of a high-ranking naval officer special treatment.  

Despite constant torture, McCain remained in prison, suffering permanent damage until his eventual release in March 1973. 

He was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart and the Distinguished Flying Cross.

McCain only withdrew his support of Trump in August 2016 after shocking audio emerged of the former reality TV star talking to Billy Bush using the phrase ‘grab her by the p****’.

The Arizona senator said at the time: ‘”Donald Trump’s behavior… concluding with the disclosure of his demeaning comments about women and his boasts about sexual assaults, make it impossible to continue to offer even conditional support for his candidacy.’

US intelligence agencies have claimed that Russian spies hacked the Democratic National Committee and leaked damaging emails designed to undermine Hillary Clinton’s campaign for president. 

Trump claimed Russia said the report was a ‘complete and total fabrication’ 

Trump has once again taken to Twitter in order to defend himself from allegations 

He said ‘crooked opponents’ were trying to destroy his victory with ‘fake news’ 

Some of the allegations relate to a 2013 visit to Moscow of the Miss Universe competition where Trump is alleged to have paid two prostitutes to defile a bed during a bizarre sex act

The new information, which has not been independently verified, claims that Russian officials also gathered highly damaging information on Trump, but only released the details attacking Clinton through the WikiLeaks website. 

The Kremlin has denied all of the allegations, while Trump tweeted: ‘FAKE NEWS – A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT’. 

JOHN MCCAIN’S FEUD WITH DONALD TRUMP 

JULY 18,  2015 

Donald Trump questions John McCain’s war record claiming: ‘He’s not a war hero.

‘He’s a war hero because he was captured? I like people who weren’t captured.’

AUGUST 1, 2016

McCain continues to endorse Trump’s campaign, even though Trump attacked the Gold Star family of Captain Humayan Khan who was killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq in 2004

OCTOBER 8

McCain withdrew his endorsement of Trump after audio of the reality TV star was leaked including the phrase ‘grab her by the p****’

DECEMBER 9

McCain meets FBI Director James Comey and hands over the Kremlin dossier assembled by a former British spy 

However, McCain was so concerned about the information contained within the 35-page dossier, which included allegations that Trump had hired prostitutes in Moscow to urinate on a bed that had previously been used by US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle, that he passed the information onto the FBI

CNN reported that intelligence chiefs had presented Trump with a two-page summary of the dossier late last week following a briefing with President Obama. 

Trump has consistently denied that Russian intelligence agencies had launched a massive cyber attack ahead of last November’s election. 

The dossier which McCain passed to FBI Director James Comey was compiled by the former MI6 man.

The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes filmed during a 2013 visit by Trump to a luxury Moscow hotel, supposedly as a potential means for blackmail.

They also suggest Russian officials proposed lucrative deals in order to win influence over the Republican real estate magnate.

One claim, that special counsel to Trump Michael Cohen met with Kremlin officials in Prague in August 2016 has been branded as ‘fake news’. 

Mr Cohen denied that he was central ‘to the ongoing secret liaison relationship between the New York tycoon’s campaign and the Russian leadership’. 

Mr Cohen tweeted a photograph of his passport and said he had never visited Prague.

According to reports, the former MI6 man had been hired to conduct ‘opposition research’ on the Trump campaign.

However, the former spy was so alarmed at some of the information he had uncovered, he passed a copy of his report to the FBI in August, more than two months before the election.  

Russia denied the claims, with President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov telling journalists: ‘The Kremlin does not have compromising information on Trump.’

The Kremlin spokesman called the dossier a ‘total fake’ and ‘an obvious attempt to harm our bilateral relations’.

Earlier, the Kremlin had denied hacking the Democratic National Committee and leaking information to deliberately weaken Hillary Clinton’s campaign. 

Donald Trump’s transition team has repeatedly denied allegations that it had received any help from Moscow. 

MailOnline has approached the Trump transition team for a comment. 

The dossier was compiled by a former member of the British Secret Intelligence Service, known as MI6, based in Vauxhall Cross in central London, pictured, 

WHY DID BUZZFEED RUN THE TRUMP KREMLIN DOSSIER?

Buzzfeed followed up a report by CNN which disclosed the existence of the explosive dossier, but only gave a brief outline of the contents. 

The 35-page document, which had been collated by a former British Secret Intelligence Service agent had initially been handed over to the FBI in August. 

Buzzfeed’s Editor-in-Chief Ben Smith wrote an email to his staff shortly after publishing the document. 

BuzzFeed editor-in-chief Ben Smith sent a memo to his staff outlining the reasons why he published the Trump dossier despite reservations over its accuracy 

Smith said the dossier contained ‘explosive and unverified allegations about Donald Trump and Russia’. 

He justified the decision to release the information to allow Americans ‘to make up their own minds about the allegations’ which had been circulated at the ‘highest levels of the US government’. 

Smith claimed publishing the dossier was an example of ‘transparent’ journalism. 

Further down in his memo, he appeared to discredit his own story as ‘there is serious reason to doubt the allegations’. 

He said Buzzfeed had been trying to stand up the allegations for ‘weeks’.

 

Source