The world is still mourning the loss of Prodigy, one-half of the hip-hop duo, Mobb Deep. As people continue to share their favorite songs and memories of Prodigy, Havoc, the other half of the duo is still having a hard time.
Havoc spoke out for the first time since Prodigy’s death and explained what happened when he first heard the news.
In an interview with TMZ, Havoc said he left Las Vegas on Sunday knowing that Prodigy was in the hospital. Prodigy had been battling sickle cell throughout their 28 years of friendship, so this wasn’t something out of the ordinary.
Havoc checked on him multiple times and was told his condition was improving. However, when he heard the news about Prodigy’s passing he thought it was a “wired rumor.” He said, “I was really laughing, to be honest with you.”
Unfortunately, reality set in when their road manager confirmed the news. Havoc was driving with his son, leaving his kindergarten graduation. He said, “I could’ve crashed with my kids in the car.”
Havoc admits that it is difficult to even listen to any music or look at any photos of him with Prodigy. “I’m still f**ked up. I can’t listen,” he said.
We continue to send our condolences to Havoc and the rest of Prodigy’s friends and family.
Check out the entire interview below: