DHT is a hormone that causes hair loss for both men and women. Many things can factor into it. Read here for more info about DHT. If you are having issues with stunted growth, weak strands or severe shedding then this rinse is for you. It will also soothe an itchy or irritated scalp as well. Check out my recipe below.
-2 tablespoons of Horsetail
-2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)*
-1 tablespoon of each: Honey, Rosemary, Neem
-3 tablespoons of Caffeinated Green Tea
*Optional step: If you have high porosity or an itchy scalp this is a great to add to the rinse. Otherwise you can leave it out.
1. Prepoo & Cleanse your hair as normal. Can cleanse with a shampoo, cleansing conditioner, or product of choice.
2. Heat the distilled water. Pour it over the tea, herbs and honey. Stir, cover and allow it to steep until cool.
3. Strain out the infused water. Add the water and ACV into a bottle/container.
4. Apply directly to the scalp and length of the hair.
5. Massage the scalp and allow it to stay in the hair for 2-3 minutes.
6. Rinse out with well with cool water.
7. Be sure to follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner and your hair will feel gorgeous.
Usage Tip: This rinse is very concentrated. It should only be done on an as needed basis. Do not do this rinse regularly. Results are immediate. I notice less hair shed any week that I have used it. Give it a try. Your hair will love it!
Disclaimer If you have any health issues that would not be conducive to trying these rinses please do not do so. I am not a physician. This article only contains information I’ve acquired from my own knowledge and experiences. If you have any concerns or questions be sure to consult with your doctor before trying any DIY recipes.