The coroner’s final report issued Wednesday, confirmed initial findings that Cory Monteith died from using intravenous heroin combined with alcohol.

Cory-Monteith

When responders arrived to the scene, they found a “spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle.” They also found 2 empty champagne bottles and glasses. The final coroner’s report lists Monteith‘s official cause of death as “mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol.”

Monteith had checked into the hotel on July 6 and when he didn’t check out as expected on July 13, hotel staff entered his room and found him unresponsive on the floor. Two empty bottles of champagne were also found in the room.

“Mr. Monteith was found in a collapsed position the hotel room floor,” the report said. “It appeared that Mr. Monteith had been dead for several hours.”

Hotel video footage showed him returning alone to his room at 2:16 a.m. on July 13.

Cory was 31-years old.

So sad!

1 COMMENT

Comments are closed.