CHICAGO — Eight people were were shot in incidents citywide since Friday afternoon, including a police officer in Garfield Park.
The officer will survive thanks to his bulletproof vest. A 25-year-old woman, described by police as an “offender,” was also shot in the incident and police are looking for a second person involved in the shooting.
In other shootings:
• A 32-year-old man was shot in his right leg in Humboldt Park. He was in a retail parking lot in the 500 block of North Kedzie Avenue at 12:45 a.m. Saturday when he got in an argument with a man who shot him.
The victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• A 24-year-old man was shot in his buttocks in West Garfield Park. The incident occurred at 11:11 p.m. Friday in the 4000 block of West Carroll Avenue.
The victim was sitting in a car when he heard shots and got out to investigate. He then realized he was shot.
The victim was taken to West Suburban Hospital in good condition.
• In West Town, a man was shot in an attempted carjacking.
• In a separate West Town shooting a man was shot by someone in a vehicle that was following him.
• In the Near West Side, a 35-year-old man was shot in his knee. The incident occurred in the 2100 block of West Maypole Avenue at 9:49 p.m.
The victim is being uncooperative with officers and walked into Stroger Hospital in good condition.
• In Pullman, a 45-year-old man was shot when his car was hijacked.
Three male suspects took his car in the 200 block of East 109th Street at 1:30 p.m. During the carjacking, they shot him in his groin, left hand, left foot and chest.
The car was later found abandoned in the 2500 block of East 97th Place.