This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
London Police are currently hunting multiple men while responding to a series of attacks in London with reports of dozens of casualties from gunfire, stabbings and a van mowing down pedestrians. Two of the events have been declared terrorism by London Police while the third incident at Vauxhall, a stabbing, was not connected with the two terror attacks.
The Daily Mail is reporting:
- ‘The men said this is for Allah as they left the van and attacked victims. There were definitely three people sitting at the front of the van,’ London Bridge eyewitness Eric Seguenzo told BBC News.
- Seven people are feared dead after three men with 12-inch hunting knives reportedly stabbed revellers after mowing down up to 20 people with a white van on London Bridge.
- The men, described as being ‘of Mediterranean origin’, reportedly drove the van at 50mp across the bridge, then jumped out began ‘randomly stabbing people’ along Borough High Street in central London at 10pm.
- One woman said she saw three people with what appeared to be their throats cut on London Bridge amid reports that at least seven people have been stabbed, leaving bodies ‘strewn’ on the road in central London.
- One person has been killed at London Bridge – and one of the casualties is reportedly a police officer.
- ‘Rapid gunfire’ was heard in the London Bridge area as armed police are thought to have shot dead two of the men, with a search underway for the third man.
- A witness said an attacker had ‘canisters attached to his abdomen as he stabbed multiple people in nearby Borough Market. Armed police have responded to reports of stabbings there and shots have been fired.
- Police have responded to another incident in Vauxhall in south London, telling people ‘you must run, hide and tell’, Scotland Yard said.
- A man has been arrested, as Sky News reported live from Borough High Street.
- There are also unconfirmed reports of gunfire on Southwark Street.
- 50 armed police have entered Monument station with police dogs and bystanders have been told to run. Bank and Monument tube stations have been closed.
The London police is keeping everyone up to date on Twitter:
Witnesses report that a white van traveling very fast around 50mph when it jumped the sidewalk and ran into pedestrians.
Some reports are that six or more people were run over and a stabbing attack ensued afterwards.
The London Police tweeted the below:
Donald Trump has weighed in on the situation:
This attack comes less than two weeks after the bombing in Manchester, England at an Ariana Grande concert where Salman Ramadan Abedi, a 22 year old Muslim detonated a bomb that killed 23 adults and children and over 110 people were injured.
And just two months ago a terrorist mowed down people at the Westminster Bridge. In the Westminster attack five people were killed.
Police secured bars and other businesses around London Bridge as the below image shows:
News agencies around the world are reporting:
The event is also trending number one worldwide on Twitter:
Photos are emerging from the scene: