Today at 12 p.m. CT, the Chicago Bears will be forming their 10-man practice squad one day after cutting down their roster to 53 players on Saturday. Players like Ryan Nall, Tanner Gentry, Michael Joseph and Cavon Walker were among the notable names who were waived in yesterday’s cut downs.
The good news for a handful of the players around the league that were cut, though, is that they are eligible to be added to their team’s practice squad. There’s also a chance that they may be claimed off of waivers and immediately added to another team’s 53-man roster. The Bears currently sit eighth on the waiver order, so they will have the chance to get some solid players if they choose claim anyone off of waivers.
To catch up on all the rules pertaining to the practice squad, here’s a handy cheat sheet for you.
This live tracker will be used to keep track of both any practice squad signings or waiver claims that the Bears make. Be sure to check in constantly for the latest news.
- Linebacker Josh Woods is expected to make the practice squad. [LINK]
- It seems as though the Bears did not claim anyone off of waivers, nor did they have any of their own players claimed. [LINK]
- Legendary wide receiver Tanner Gentry will be making his way to the practice squad. [LINK]
- Defensive lineman Nick Williams was cut yesterday, but it seems as though he will be making his way back onto the 53-man roster. [LINK]
- Fan favorite running back Ryan Nall has been added to the practice squad. [LINK]
- Check out our story on the addition of Nall here.
- The Bears have released 2015 third-round pick Hroniss Grasu. [LINK]
Jacob Infante is a Chicago Bears and NFL Draft writer at SB Nation’s Windy City Gridiron. He also covers the NFL Draft for USA Today SMG’s Draft Wire. He can be reached through Twitter @jacobinfante24 or e-mailed at email@example.com.