Apollo Nida, the husband of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” cast member Phaedra Parks is in some hot water.
“In U.S. District Court on Wednesday, Nida’s co-conspirator Gayla St. Julien pled guilty to conspiracy to commit mail, wire and bank fraud and aggravated identity theft, resulting in a 61-month prison sentence. St. Julien worked with Nida from 2009 until 2013.
St. Julien worked with Nida from 2009 until 2013. The federal government filed a complaint charging him of the same two charges as St. Julien.
From what I was told, of what happened on Monday was that Apollo appeared in court to waive his right to indictment and consented to prosecution by information.
St. Julien, “described herself as NIDA’s ‘right hand b****’ in executing the legwork of his fraud schemes,” wrote Alexandre Herrera, a U.S. Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad. She told Herrara she received “scraps” compared to how much Nida pocketed.
Nida is still in talks with the feds for a plea deal.
According to the updated complaint filed this past Monday, Nida created two fake collection agencies to gain access to databases “in order to obtain unlimited access to the personal identifiers of others.”
Allegedly, he then:
– rented dozens of mailboxes at UPS stores and other places under various aliases, including the names of identity theft victims.
– created counterfeit drivers’ licenses and other ID, applied for and received unclaimed funds from state governments impersonating the true owners.
– applied and received refunds due former homeowners from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
– purchased checks, including U.S. Treasury checks, from others knowing they were stolen and fraudulently obtained.
– created fake auto dealerships to obtain auto loan approvals using stolen identities.
– opened personal and business accounts at financial institutions using stolen identities to launder stolen and fraudulently obtained proceeds.
I have one question, I thought when your on parole, and you break the law, you go straight to prison, do not pass go!! So is Apollo an informant now?