It’s been a violent start to the weekend in Chicago, as 14 people have been wounded in shootings across the city.
No fatalities have been reported as of Saturday afternoon, according to police.
Three people were shot during an argument in the 800 block of West Jackson, including the alleged gunman. The gunman, a 26-year-old man, was shot in the left leg and is currently in police custody.
A 31-year-old man was shot in the chest during the altercation, which took place in a restaurant. He is in serious condition at Stroger Hospital. A 26-year-old woman was also shot, but refused medical treatment for a graze wound to her right foot.
In the most recent shooting, two men were shot when a vehicle pulled up to them and an occupant opened fire in the 1300 block of South Millard late Saturday morning. An 18-year-old man was shot in the shoulder, and a 22-year-old man was shot in the ankle. Both are listed in stable condition at Stroger, according to police.
- A 23-year-old man was walking in the 6000 block of South Union at approximately 4:18 p.m. when he was shot, according to police. He was taken to Stroger Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg, and is listed in good condition.
- Two people were standing on a porch when they were shot in the 6200 block of South Marshfield at approximately 9:32 p.m., police said. A 23-year-old man was shot in the head and is in serious condition at Stroger. A 25-year-old woman was shot in the back and is also in serious condition at Stroger.
- At 9:45 p.m., a 34-year-old man was shot when a dark colored sedan pulled up and an occupant fired at him. The incident, which occurred in the 600 block of East 37th Street, left the man with a graze wound to his chin, and he was admitted to Mercy Hospital in stable condition, police said.
- A 42-year-old man was standing in an alley in the 2600 block of West Potomac at approximately 12:39 a.m. when he was shot in the right knee and left elbow. He was taken to St. Mary’s in stable condition, according to police.
- A 21-year-old man was walking in the 2300 block of North Central at approximately 12:42 a.m. when a man got out of a black SUV and demanded his wallet and cell phone. A struggle ensued, and the man was ultimately shot by the robber. He was taken to Community First in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his left hand.
- At 2 a.m., a 31-year-old man was shot while walking on a sidewalk in the 3300 block of West Fulton. The man was taken to Mt. Sinai in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his right leg, police said.
- In the 600 block of North Drake at approximately 2:37 a.m., a 24-year-old man was shot while riding in a vehicle. He was taken to West Suburban in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his back, according to police.
- A 21-year-old man was shot while standing on a porch in the 10000 block of South Parnell at approximately 2:44 a.m., police said. He was taken to Christ Hospital in serious condition with a gunshot wound to his back.
- Three people, including the man who fired the shots, were wounded in a shooting in the 800 block of West Jackson at approximately 4:21 a.m. According to police, the three people were involved in a fight inside a restaurant when shots were fired by one of the men involved. A 31-year-old man was shot in the chest and is in serious condition at Stroger. A 26-year-old woman refused medical assistance after suffering a graze wound to her foot. A 26-year-old man, the alleged shooter, suffered a gunshot wound to his left leg, and is in police custody.
- Two men were shot while standing outside of a residence in the 1300 block of South Millard at 11:17 a.m., police said. A vehicle approached the men and one of the occupants opened fire, striking both. An 18-year-old was shot in the shoulder, while a 22-year-old was shot in the ankle. Both are in good condition at Stroger, according to police.
Published 2 hours ago