Chicago Police are reporting that 11 people have been shot in violence across the city this weekend.
Nobody has been killed in any of the shootings, but two are in the hospital in critical condition. A 31-year-old man was shot in the neck on the 5100 block of S. Hoyne Ave. at approximately 5:44 a.m. on Saturday morning. He was a passenger in a car when an unknown assailant fired shots into the vehicle.
The man was driven to the hospital, and was later transferred to Stroger Hospital, police said.
Just after 11 a.m. Saturday morning, a 51-year-old man was shot after a verbal argument in the 3300 block of W. Washington. The man suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the arm and was taken in good condition to Stroger Hospital. The victim was walking past a group of men in the 900 block of N. Central Park Ave. at approximately 4:20 p.m. when one of the men reached in his pocket and took money. The victim tried to run, but one of the men fired a shot that struck him in the arm, he told police.
- Two men got into an altercation at a business in the 2700 block of W. 63rd St., and a 26-year-old man involved in the fight was shot in the side. The incident occurred at approximately 4:39 p.m. on Friday afternoon, and the man is in stable condition at Christ Hospital, according to police. The other man involved in the altercation is in custody.
- A man standing in front of a residence in the 1100 block of N. Lockwood was shot in the lower back. The shooting, which occurred at approximately 7:55 p.m., left the man in stable condition at Stroger Hospital, police said.
- Two people were shot in the 2900 block of W. 40th St. at 8:24 p.m. Friday evening. A 20-year-old man suffered a graze wound to his chest and a 25-year-old woman suffered a graze wound to her neck. Both people refused treatment at the scene.
- A 36-year-old man was shot on the 7500 block of S. Union at approximately 10:15 p.m. The man was sitting in a parked vehicle when he was struck by shots from an unknown assailant. He was taken to Christ Hospital in serious condition.
- A man standing on a sidewalk in the 1600 block of S. Drake was shot in the right leg at approximately 11:20 p.m. Friday night. The 37-year-old man was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in stable condition after he heard gunshots and felt pain in his leg.
- A 20-year-old man walked into Community First Hospital with a gunshot wound in his right thigh. The shooting, which occurred in the 5200 block of West Addison, happened at 1 a.m. The man was listed in good condition.
- A man sitting in a vehicle in the 4400 block of N. Whipple was shot and seriously wounded at approximately 1:22 a.m. The victim, a 29-year-old man, was shot in the chest and back when a vehicle pulled up and one of the occupants opened fire. The victim is a documented gang member, according to police. He was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
- At approximately 5:44 a.m. in the 5100 block of S. Hoyne, a 31-year-old man was shot in the neck. The man was a passenger in a car when shots were fired into the vehicle. He was transferred to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
- A 51 year old man was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition after he was shot in the head at approximately 11:04 a.m. The man was involved in a verbal argument near a vehicle in the 3300 block of W. Washington, police said, when an unknown person in a group of people fired shots at him.
Published at 7:43 PM CDT on Aug 5, 2017