One person is dead and at least 18 more have been wounded in shootings across Chicago this weekend.
The first fatality of the weekend occurred at 10 p.m. on Saturday night, when a 21-year-old woman was shot to death in the 4800 block of West Hutchinson.
According to police, the woman was with a 37-year-old man inside of a residence when a gun that one of them was handling accidentally fired. The woman sustained a gunshot wound to the head and was taken to Illinois Masonic in critical condition, where she later died from her injuries.
Police are still investigating her death.
Just before 4 a.m. Saturday, a 20-year-old man was dropped off at Community First Hospital with multiple gunshot wounds. The shooting, which occurred in the 5800 block of West Waveland, left him with gunshot wounds to his chest, abdomen, back, arm, and buttocks, police said.
The man was transferred to Masonic Hospital in critical condition.
- A 58-year-old man was shot while he was walking in the 4200 block of South Michigan Avenue at approximately 4:52 p.m., police said. The man was walking when a person emerged from an alley and fired shots at him, hitting him in the leg. He was taken to Mercy Hospital in stable condition.
- At 5:40 p.m. in the 5500 block of West Jackson, a 47-year-old man was shot in the right arm. He was taken to Cook County Hospital in good condition, according to authorities.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the back in the 6800 block of West North Avenue at approximately 9:25 p.m., police said. He was taken to Loyola in stable condition.
- A 54-year-old man was shot in the upper back after intervening in a verbal altercation. The incident occurred in the 500 block of West 123rd Street at approximately 12:56 a.m., police said. The man tried to break up an argument between a man and a woman, and the man pulled out a gun and shot him. He was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition.
- A 20-year-old man was dropped off at Community First Hospital with multiple gunshot wounds to his chest, abdomen, back, arm, and buttocks. The shooting occurred in the 5800 block of West Waveland at 3:47 a.m. The man is in critical condition at Masonic Hospital.
- A 26-year-old woman was shot in both legs while sitting in a car in the 8100 block of South Crandon at approximately 3:51 a.m. She was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition, police said.
- A man was caught in crossfire between two cars, and he was shot in the forearm in the 2800 block of West Division at approximately 4:28 a.m., police said. He transported himself to Norwegian Hospital.
- A 37-year-old man was shot multiple times in a drive by shooting in the 3800 block of West Augusta at approximately 3:15 p.m., police said. The man was walking down the street when a person in a light colored vehicle fired shots at him, striking him in the stomach, thigh, and knee. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- A 39-year-old man was standing on a corner in the 6200 block of South Laflin at approximately 3:30 p.m. when he was shot multiple times. A person in a passing car fired shots at him, striking him in the arm, abdomen, and buttocks, according to police. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- A man was shot in the left calf at approximately 7:22 p.m. in the 1000 block of West Argyle, police said. He was taken to Illinois Masonic in good condition.
- A 17-year-old boy was shot in the lower back after exiting a vehicle in the 5000 block of South Hoyne at approximately 9:30 p.m. A person in a passing white sedan fired numerous shots at him, striking him in the back. He was taken to Mt. Sinai in stable condition, police said.
- A 21-year-old woman was shot to death in the 4800 block of West Hutchinson at approximately 10 p.m. The woman was with a 37-year-old man in the residence when a gun one of them was handling accidentally discharged. She was taken to Illinois Masonic, where she later died, police said.
- In the 2600 block of West Peterson at approximately 10:35 p.m., a 30-year-old man was shot while standing on a sidewalk, police said. A dark colored Toyota Camry drove by the man, with one of the occupants firing shots at him. He is in stable condition after suffering gunshot wounds to the chest and right hand.
- A 25-year-old man was shot in the abdomen during a carjacking in the 3500 block of North Lavergne at approximately 11:10 p.m. Two men allegedly removed him from the vehicle and shot him, according to police. He was taken to Illinois Masonic in stable condition.
- A 3-year-old boy was shot in the back while sitting in the backseat of a car in the 0-100 block of East 60th Street at approximately 12:30 a.m. The car was stopped at a stop sign when another vehicle pulled up to the passenger side, opening fire. The boy was taken to Comer Hospital in stable condition, police said.
- A 26-year-old man was shot in the left shoulder at approximately 1:45 a.m. in the 5700 block of South Archer, police said. He was sitting in a parked car when an occupant in a passing vehicle fired shtos at him. He was taken to Mt. Sinai in stable condition.
- Just before 3 p.m. in the 6200 block of South Ada, a 27-year-old man suffered a graze wound to his right hand while walking down the street. An uknown offender demanded the victim’s money before shooting him.
- Two people were shot at the intersection of 118th Street and Emerald at 3 p.m. An 18-year-old man was shot and is in critical condition at Christ Hospital. An 18-year-old man was shot in the right buttocks, and is in stable condition at Christ Hospital.
Published at 9:59 PM CDT on Oct 28, 2017 | Updated 4 hours ago